Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rain

When I wake up and it's raining, I feel how I imagine a dog must feel when you're closing the door and leaving it in the house alone. The dog thinks you're never coming back.

That's how I feel when it rains, like the sun is never coming back.

Without knowing when it will come back, the rain might as well last forever. Only when there is a little bit of blue back in the sky do I feel like maybe it will be okay.

Swedes seem to share this feeling with me. When the weather is warm, the sun is out and it's a beautiful day, Swedish people act as if they've never been outside before. After several months of cold darkness every year, I would probably be the same way.

There's your poetry for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment without registering just choose Anonymous, then include your name in the message if you like.